Patient Care Technicians
This program prepare individuals with knowledge and skills to perform routine patient care activities in a hospital, urgent care center, doctors office or emergency room under the supervision of the Registered Nurse or Physician.
Instruction include, regulations governing healthcare, safety and emergency procedures, communication basic nursing skills, observing, reporting, recording and monitoring changes in clients condition.
Patient set up and transport as well as electrocardiograph and phlebotomy procedures. Graduates will be eligible to challenge State and National Exams.
- Candidates must meet admission requirements
- Candidates must register within the time indicated by the school administration
- Candidates must register in person and are required to submit the following:
- Personal Identification (Drivers License, Birth Certificate or Passport)
- Proof of US citizenship or US Residency
- Complete medical record
- Administrative fees
- Documents submitted by the candidate must have been reviewed by the Admissions
- Prior to admission the applicant will complete an application to the school, visit the school and have an interview with an admissions officer
- Candidates will be notified of acceptance in writing
Patient Care Technician – 12 weeks
Students eligible for National Certification based on successful completion of the program.
Student loans are available to those who qualify at Meritize. For more information on qualifying please visit meritize.com.